Thursday, January 27, 2011

Why Boyfriends are a Want and not a Need

Today I thought to myself "What on earth could I write about in the blog today? My life is so boring!"

Well have no fear readers, because fate gave me material to share with you.

Yesterday my car tire was low, but I didn't mention it because that is mundane information. I put air in the tire, went home, and made an appointment with my mechanic today. Not that big of a deal. Until today.

I made my way out to the car to pick up lunch and bring it to my mom and her coworkers. The tire was low once again so I carefully drove to our local gas station.

And when I got there, I saw a lovely hand written sign informing me that the air pump was out of order. Fantastic.

I knew I couldn't make it to the next gas station so I had no choice but to change the tire. I'm proud to say I changed it successfully and correctly all by myself. While kneeling in the slush in my brand new pants. And getting oil all over my gloves. And acting as an afternoon sideshow for the country club moms and elderly grandpas. But the tire did get changed and I had a certain sense of accomplishment at the end of it all.

I should note that people did offer to help me, but they unfortunately showed up at exactly the moments when I no longer needed help. I just want to add this so that people know Iowans are still considerate citizens.

I got lunch, then went to the mechanic, and everything was put in order again. And the rogue nail that embedded itself into my car tire is now in a trash bin where it belongs. Oh, and my pants washed up nicely, so no worries on what I'll wear to work next week.

Lesson: Don't drive over nails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.