Note: I know the photo quality of some of these is incredibly poor and I apologize for that. I literally took photos of the pages of the school yearbook in order to get these pictures. Not real hightec stuff here. Hopefully it doesn't offend you too much.
Let's start with the big guy first. This is my principal.
Gazing off into his future.
My principal is kind to me and honestly, I don't know a lot about him. He speaks very little English and is rarely at school. Which is probably for the best because people are always more relaxed when their boss isn't around.
Here is one fun little story involving my principal for you. At our school we have a policy where everyone is supposed to greet everyone else with the sentence "사랑합니다" (sarang hapnida). It is a sentence that is in the most formal version of Korean and translates directly to "I love you" in English. But it really means something more along the lines of "I care for and respect you in a formal way that is totally appropriate for the work place."
But since my principal wants to be kind and reach out to me and still adhere to this policy, he greets me by saying "I love you" to me. I always reply in Korean because it's just still too awkward for me to respond to that with "I love you" in English.
Next we have my vice principal. Also known as Angry Bird.
He had a fondness for plants and yelling.
My vice principal was always kind to me but man could he get angry. I never really knew about what, either. But I know that people avoided him like the plague. You might also remember him as the man who once put a fish in my mug. He's gone now. Off to some other school somewhere.
Part 2 is next!
This is great Taleen! I can't wait for Part 2!
ReplyDeleteDavid
It will be fun to put faces to your stories!
ReplyDeleteMickie
I love reading your blog Taleen! It's always so fun and interesting!
ReplyDeleteDenise